Monday, August 18, 2008

GREAT DAY!!

So this past sunday i had the privelage of sharing my heart with some of the church!

I dont know how many of you know this but in the long run i would love to be a womens minister and go around speaking to groups of women.  Having said this i have not really taken many steps towards this.

BUT this Sunday i got up and spoke in front of about 75 people.  i was able to share a little bit of my journey with them and how i got here and why i came!! it was truly i God given experience where the words i said i really dont remember.  However, when i was done i had two women come up and tell me how natural i was on stage and how well i did.  I also i had two staff member s tell me i did a good job and that this semester i would have many more opportunities to be on stage talking in front of people!

I am not telling you this to gloat but to say that it was a moment of affirmation.

I have had a passion for speaking for years and never had an oppertunity to use this gift i fell came from God! and this sunday i felt completely in the moment and where God wanted me to be.

Lets be honest, this week has been kinda of hard, not being home and missing yall, and realizing that i will not see yall for a while! it just came crashing in on me and so this moment was a total God given appointment! 

LIZ 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Krism

Anonymous said...

THATS SO AWESOME LIZ! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! IM SURE YOU DID WONDERFUL! HOPE THIS WEEK IS FANTASTIC! LOVE YOU!

joni

Anonymous said...

I think you would be great at speaking. Both your parents are good at it so you've learned from the best. I enjoyed reading your posts and will be praying for you. Hey what was your friend's name that was starting at CPS? Has school started there yet? - sandy