Thursday, April 23, 2009

In love with where I am

SO days go by where the feeling of being full is never tasted, where striving to be me and do my best comes from my own strength and not for God.

Why?

What negative has ever happened when I relied on God…NOTHING. Yet I choose to think I can do it. I choose think I can handle the weight of the world with no issues. Has for the fact that I can not hold that much, that I am not that strong, that I was not created to or for the purpose of holding the world. Those thoughts don’t count, they not weigh heavy on me.

NO not until I have fallen under the pressure and I turn to the one who CAN hold the world and actually wants to hold the world.

Yesterday I was doing a study and was asked the question has you get refreshed….driving and writing. The next question said what verses do you cling to in times where you can not fell God…PS 145.

Answered the questions and moved on…

I was sitting in class and Dan asked how do you refresh and are you…..shocked at how these issues had now been brought to light twice in one day.

I checked my mail and received a card from some students in DALLAS and one said “if you fell tired don’t get discouraged read 1 Cor” what perfect timing, I was feeling the exact way this guy was writing!!

I wake up most morning to a text from a good friend in DALLAS of scripture. Today it was Ps 82:15 “but you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness”
I redirect parallel to Ps 145

I love how God knows my needs and meets them in ways I am incapable of doing on my own. Refreshment is here, and I am living in it! Wonderful…thanks you are the prayers, they have been felt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only a few more weeks and hopefully ill get to see your face! woo hoo! hope you have a fantastic week my friend!

kristin

Anonymous said...

Liz, I am excited and sad!! Excited, because you get to see your nannie and papaw in less than 24 hrs. I pray you have a wonderful weekend w/family. I am sad, because I am not getting to come with them. I can't wait for May 31st to come and see you!!! Have a wonderful weekend with some Texas hospitality - enjoy Nannie's cooking, ya'll's visiting and just generallly catching up. Try not to show them all of Washington and Idaho in 4 days!!! Love ya, Mom