Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year on Its way

So it is hard to think that 12 months ago life was being lived in a different year. Sometimes i don't think about this night being the start the something new, or this night being a time, a place, a moment...to look back on and see change.

However, these past twelve months a lot has happen.

I started and then put together a women's event.
I moved home and worked at a camp for the summer.
I read a few books.
I became a staff member of a Church.
I went skiing for the first time.
I almost ran into a tree. (while skiing)
I took dance lessons.
I watch a whole season of American Idol.
I watch three close friends get baptized.
I healed some past wounds.
I turned 23.
I watched my friend get engaged!
I saw a friend realize some major goals in her life and act on them.(2 friends really)
I meet and became really good friends with my new roommate. Jessica
I moved in with 2 girls. This is the 2ND time I've done this in my life.
I decided to stay In Pullman for year 2.
I watched heart break.
I learned a little more about loving people.
I encounter Christ alot.
I learned a little pit more about patience's.

As i take a few moments to just glance back on the last twelve months a lot has happen.
goals i thought i would not reach till later in life God opens doors to see them now.

I think that has been the greatest and yet most difficult thing I done this year.

Many of you know my heart and my passion. I love what I am doing with Resonate and in the lives of the women I get to meet with and talk to! yet I did not think the road would take me here so soon. I always thought i would graduate college,do some missions, teach, go to seminary, work for a Church, do women's stuff...live the rest of my life.
Instead, I graduated college, moved half way around the US, work for a Church and do women's stuff...2010 brings on the thoughts of whats next. I am sitting in a place I have dreamed about, prayed about, and long for. yet I did not realized it until just a few days ago.

I ask that you pray for me in the coming weeks. That now that I see the greatest that God has placed before me. pray that i take hold of it and live to the best possible outcome. Pray that I gain clarity into the future. That I see what God has for me and that I am able to act on it. I think life was easy up till now because it lined up with my journey, the journey I had in mind. Now I am faced with the all exciting question of 'where does this journey lead?"

Sometimes the answer to this is easy and sometimes it is hard. Pray that I see it and that I am able to live freely in it!

I hope you all have a great night and wonderful 2010...I keep ya posted!
Liz

No comments: